The Sago't Gulaman is a sweet Filipino drink that has tapioca pearls, sago and jelly.
Write a review
- 2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/8 tsp banana essence or vanilla essence
- 1 cup diced red gulaman
- 1 cup big sago
- 8 cup crushed ice
- 2 cup sweetened coconut milk
- Combine brown sugar and water in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat for about 10 to 15 minutes until syrup has turned slightly thick. Remove from heat.
- Cool for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in banana essence. Set aside.
- Divide gulaman and sago in 8 glasses
- Add 1 cup of crushed ice per glass.
- Pour about 3 tablespoons of prepared syrup or according to desired sweetness. Serves immediatley.
- To assemble dessert, place about 1 cup of shaved ice in a bowl. Top with 2-3 slices of bananas with some syrup. Add sweetened coconut milk. Serve immediately.
Authentic Filipino Recipes http://authenticfilipinorecipes.com/