Filipino Ginataang Alimango (Spicy Crab with Coconut Milk)
Ginataang Alimasag (crab legs in coconut milk) is the one dish that could keep a whole family at the dinner table for a little while. Why do I say that? Well, before you can eat this stuff, you have to crack the legs and the clamps and by doing that it slows the eating process. The preferred way of cooking crab legs is simply steaming them. We also do this in the Philippines, but if you really want to taste its full potential, adding coconut milk and a few other things to your ingredients list can make a whole world of difference.
Write a review
- 3 large dungeness crabs, steamed
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 1 big jalapeno, chopped
- 5 pieces red chili, chopped
- 1 ginger, sliced thinly
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- cooking oil
- In a wok saute onion, garlic and ginger.
- Add the red chili and jalapeno.
- Then add the coconut milk. Bring to a boil.
- Add salt to taste.
- Cut the crabs in halves. Put the crabs in the wok.
- Scoop sauce from the wok and pour on the crab. Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
Authentic Filipino Recipes http://authenticfilipinorecipes.com/